Business Development Director - West Region
TARGET PharmaSolutions is looking to hire remote Business Development Directors to work within assigned regional territories in the Western US. Prefer the candidate to be located anywhere west of (and including) Chicago.
Primary responsibility includes finding and generating new customers for the TARGET solution. Develop new accounts and/or expand existing accounts within an established geographic territory or disease community. Orchestrate the business development process throughout the sales cycle, aligning account expansion of existing and new customers. Generate new leads, call on potential new accounts, and maintaining and growing long term relationships to impact bottom line results. Maintains contact with accounts at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship. Represents the organization to the customer and the customer to the organization. Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts.
Job Details/Main Responsibilities
1. Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets through detailed account planning and weekly forecasting sessions.
2. Successfully prospect and sell solutions via a consultative selling approach within assigned Pharmaceutical Industry clients or targets.
3. Coordinate with leaders and Senior Management Executives across partner organizations to create compelling and goal-driven solutions for clients and prospects and ensure tactical and strategic company goals are achieved.
4. Develop account strategies for assigned accounts and prepare client proposals and presentations to the standards of the company.
5. Manage complex sales cycles, utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate.
6. Provide customer and market feedback to internal teams regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
7. Management of sales forecasting, prospecting activities and pipeline management.
8. Develops comprehensive understanding of our solutions and their use cases.
9. Exhibit a strong business acumen for uncovering, evaluating, growing and closing sales opportunities within a dynamic and extremely time sensitive environment;
10. Work cross functionally within finance, clinical operations, scientific & medical affairs and business development.
11. Navigate complex business processes and legal requirements to negotiate contractual agreements.
12. Establish and manage relationships with key client contacts across the business, clinical, medical, HEOR, regulatory, commercialization and C level departments.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher is required. 5 years’ experience managing business development and selling solutions (products and/or services). Preferred: Industry related degree. Experience selling experience in pharmaceutical, life science industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Must have experience selling into or partnering with: Pharma, CRO and/or Payer markets; Recent experience selling to one or more of the following departments: Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Commercialization, Regulatory, Safety. Ability to possesses a “hunter” mentality and can grow business from net new sales. Demonstrated track record of consistently achieving personal sales goals. Knowledge of the sales cycle. Strong business acumen, strategic, negotiation and communication skills are required. Ability to work with Executive level clients. Understands healthcare industry segments served and keeps abreast of developments in the market. Be able to shorten the sales cycle by knowing how to close at all stages of the selling cycle.; Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively; Start-up, early-stage, high-growth healthcare experience strongly preferred. Excellent verbal (including public speaking) and written communications skills; Exceptional listening and presentation (including to large groups) skills; Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and CRM systems. Ability to travel 60%.