Sr. Cloud and Security Systems Administrator
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE:
Lead in-house technical resource for corporate infrastructure (on-prem and AWS cloud), with a strong focus on security and extending quality systems to ensure compliance with global regulatory needs. Improve resiliency of IT infrastructure through cloud migration, DR planning and implementation, and security certifications (e.g., HITRUST). Support existing business applications as well as contribute to initiatives to improve core business processes.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Lead the company to improve information security practices and achieve HITRUST certification.
- Plan and execute the migration of on-prem systems to the cloud (AD, VMs, storage, etc.).
- Oversees the team that provides support for Windows desktops, Linux servers, Active Directory, Group Policy, network configuration, NAS, and Amazon AWS.
- Provide subject matter expertise to senior management on broad range of information security standards and practices, such as HITRUST CSF, HIPAA, NIST, and FDA 21 CFR Part 11.
- Maintains enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, and procedures necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls.
- Assist with incident response and investigations related to data breaches, including documentation, mitigation, remediation, and corrective actions plans to protect sensitive data.
- Manage disaster recovery functions for infrastructure systems and services.
- Assist in the asset management, selection and management of infrastructure systems and services vendors.
- Write technical documents and SOPs addressing the setup, operations and support of technical infrastructure.
- Participate and respond to regulated audits.
- Advises on and plans for hiring IT resources to address company needs and growth.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Degree in related field. At least 5 years relevant experience with 2+ years in cloud, security, and regulatory environments.
A recent CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Microsoft MSCA, CISSP, Redhat RHCSA, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP, or similar certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, and corporate and cloud networks.
Strong understanding of storage and data management technologies.
Good knowledge of host, network, and cloud security principles.
Good understanding of corporate LAN networks.
Well organized with good time management skills and excellent problem solving skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to be detail oriented and function in a team environment.
Ability to work independently with a strong sense of urgency and exceptional customer service skills.
Ability to apply knowledge and sound judgment using established guidelines.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new skills and keep current with the latest hardware and software technology.
How to tell us about yourself