Want to contribute to a technology team from the beginning? Have a passion to work on fresh development work rather than just adding on to legacy systems?
TARGET PharmaSolutions is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer who will play a pivotal role as a foundational technology team member, responsible for creating innovative new solutions to increase productivity across the business. You will play a critical role in the architecture and development of a quickly growing technology team.
If you are the kind of person who enjoys being a jack of all trades and loves to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment where your work makes an immediate impact, then we want to talk to you.
What we do:
TARGET PharmaSolutions is a real world clinical data company that delivers solutions to improve clinical, medical, and commercial outcomes. The TARGET model organizes a community of stakeholders, including pharmaceutical partners, key opinion leaders, regulatory agencies, and patient advocacy groups, around a specific disease to generate real world clinical data and insights about the natural history of the disease, including treatment outcomes.
We are looking for people who:
- Know how bits make it from bare metal in a data center to a browser in a coffee shop.
- Generally prefer lightweight and purpose-built to all-in-one batteries-included frameworks.
- Understand the differences in blocking and non-blocking web servers.
- Understand async communications, promises, and websockets.
- Have experience with infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, SaltStack, etc.
- Are familiar with sockets, ACLs, and the OSI model.
- Are familiar with object storage, union file systems, and block storage.
- Feel strongly about high-availability, code formatting, consistency, and adherence to standards.
- Write documentation to help the next person that touches your code.
- Like unit testing because it helps you sleep better at night.
- Understand communication security and JWT
- Love Docker and love AWS.
- Probably prefer Linux as a desktop platform and insist on Linux as a server platform.
- Enjoy designing REST APIs, understand HTTP, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- You like programming so much you've learned at least two of Python, Nodejs, Java, Ruby, or Go.
- Understand the concept of microservices, their challenges, and when monoliths are OK.
- Have a passion for writing great code with the desire to achieve and exceed goals.
- Are personally accountable for your work and love creating value for your users.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Have 5 years of experience under your belt
What you would do:
- Document and/or confirm understanding of business requirements for new automated solutions or changes to existing systems.
- Analyze impact of requirements on affected systems.
- Conceive of potential approaches to provide automated solutions that meet the business requirements and confirm with users and/or business analysts.
- Design solution that promotes ease of maintenance, reliability of application function and business data, and good performance.
- Implement solution by creating or changing automated components to accurately meet the business requirements in accordance with design and development standards.
- Test solution to confirm it meets the business requirements, performing reliably and efficiently.
- Support testing performed by others including explaining the solution and investigating and resolving problems.
- Brief Operations on system changes going into production and document new or changed task required for Operations to support.
- Provide production support by investigating and correcting issues assigned and informs others of recovery and/or correction actions that they can perform.
- Invest in profession by improving use of available tools and approaches, exploring new tools and approaches, sharing knowledge with other team members, and developing a deeper understanding of supported business processes.
How to tell us about yourself:
Send us an email with your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is only considering candidates that can work out of our Chapel Hill, NC office.